When one thinks of Austria, one usually thinks of mountains, lakes, culture … of holidays. However, Austria is also a country with a highly developed industry, especially in the fields of machine and steel manufacturing, chemistry, automotive manufacturing, electrical engineering and electronics. Austria offers apprentices from other countries a variety of possibilities.
IFA supports young people and adults from all EU countries who would like to do a work placement or an experience exchange in Austria. During a work placement you will have the opportunity to improve your German language skills, learn new working methods and techniques and get to know the country and the people.
Interested in a work placement in Austria?
IFA offers the following services for individuals or groups (up to max. 10 people):
- Help finding a suitable work placement
- Organizing accommodations (mainly in apartments or youth hostels)
- Organizing a language course
- Putting together a cultural program
- Organizing airport transfers and local transportation
- Support during the work placement
- Issuing of the required documents
In order to find you a suitable work placement, we need the following documents at least three months before you wish to start:
- Job application / letter of motivation for the company offering the work placement position (English, German if possible)
- Detailed CV including professional and language skills (English, German if possible)
- Description of your education and field of activity (English, German if possible)
- Copy of a valid photo ID
- Letter of consent from the educational institution and employer in your country
There is no legal entitlement for a work placement. IFA does not provide paid work placements.
Study visits: IFA also organizes study visits to Vienna for European actors in vocational training.
Call us at +43 (0) 1 366 55 44-0!
You can count on IFA – Your partner for mobility!